Saturday, August 18, 2007

Time Flies

August is moving about even faster than July. Where does the time go? This is my last weekend of this class. The last class starts on Tuesday. It's hard to believe that almost two years of graduate school is close to an end. I'm starting to feel the pressure of the last time I graduated: what now? Do I want to stay where I am? Could I move out of state? What do I want to be when I grow up? Ugh . . . the pressure! :-)

Speaking of school. I'm still scratching my head on the methodology behind this one. About two weeks ago they posted a note that they were going to upgrade the system we use to participate in class, submit assignments, get grades, etc. Now we will be on break starting August 28, but for some reason they decided to do this upgrade on August 14 and keep the system down until 6 p.m. yesterday. My first thought is why wouldn't they just wait until we are on break? It would seem to be easier because then if there is a problem (I know we all like to think that there won't be problems, but I've been through enough system upgrades to know that there is always some sort of problem), it wouldn't interfere with our studies. Well, as my cynical mind thought, there was a problem. Now the system is still down and they expect us to be able to get back on at 6 p.m. tonight. There was also a note that our instructor would extend our assignments. That sounds great, but class ends on MONDAY. Do you think we can get an extension on ending the class and postpone starting the new one? Whoever approved this upgrade during the last week of classes needs to get their head examined. What was the big rush that couldn't wait two weeks?

Work was psychotic again. I spent the last three days working 12 hour shifts. It will look nice on the paycheck, but I am tired. I also missed saying goodbye to my brother-in-law because of it. He and his wife are off to new ventures in Houston. I didn't see them often when they were here in Michigan, but it seems strange that they will be so far away.

Not much else is going on. Less than three weeks until Elijah starts school. Orientation is less than two weeks away. His karate instructor said that he will be testing for yellow belt in September. He is also going to start taking swim lessons. Needless to say I think September is going to be busy between me finishing school and Elijah getting used to school.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments: