Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hangin' In There

Well, I survived the first week on Jell-O and Italian Ice. I was able to also eat whole grain bread, some soups, egg substitutes, salad, fruits, and vegetables. One of our hotels came to visit and brought these delightful cookies. I really wanted one, but I didn't want to have to explain to an ER doctor that I was there because I ate a cookie! The only rough thing is that my energy level is very low. I wake up feeling good, but right now, I could easily go to bed. By this time next week I will be recovering and hopefully on some good pain meds! LOL

As of right now, my surgery is in the afternoon. What amazes me is that they still don't want me to eat anything after midnight. So, let me get this straight . . . if you have surgery at 8 a.m., or 9 a.m. (8-9 hours from midnight), you are okay, BUT having surgery at 2 p.m. or 4 p.m. needs to be 14-16 hours of nothing). Makes no sense to me, but hey, not like I'm eating much these days anyway. I just hope I don't get a headache from it, since I have gotten a migraine before from not eating.

Not much else is going on 16 days left in statistics! I can't wait for it to be over! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: