Yesterday when I went to leave work I noticed something odd. My wallet was gone! At first I'm thinking, could I have left it in the cafeteria . . . no, I remember putting it back in my purse. I couldn't believe someone would just take it!
So, I call one of my credit card companies. While she's putting a hold on my account, she happens to verify my last transactions. Imagine my surprise when she says $500 at a Rite Aid . . . WHAT! There were three transactions at Rite Aid in Waterford -- each $400-500!
I had a credit card, 2 bank cards and a corporate card. They all got hit! When I added up the charges, it's over $4,300! They enjoyed shopping at Rite Aid, CVS, Gordon Food Service, and Farmer Jack. Nice!
My day was spent talking to the Franklin Police -- very nice by the way. Going to the Secretary of State, the bank, lots of phone calls. I also had to go to the Waterford Police, Bloomfield Hills Police and Southfield Police Departments. You have to file a report in each city/town where the crimes are committed. This ensures that if they are able to catch the @&#$% they can be prosecuted and not get off on a technicality such as jurisdiction. PITA! I hope they catch whoever did this and they ROTT!
I'm tired!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment