Sunday, May 07, 2006

We're Back!

We are back in Michigan! After a 30 minute flight delay, we actually made it in relatively good time. Getting to the gate and getting our bags was a different story! We had to sit on the runway to wait for a gate-- how it is possible that there is not a gate ready at 8:30 p.m. on a Saturday night in a terminal that is only for the airlines we are on, it beyond me. I think it took another 30 minutes for the bags to come out! Needless to say, but the time we got home and somewhat settled, it was about 10:30 p.m.

To add to the drama of sitting on the runway, once we pull up to the gate, everyone is anxious to get off the plane (nothing new). Well, Elijah has to go potty. Now we all know that is not going to happen since everyone is in the aisle and is not going to move anywhere but forward and off the plane. I was convinced he wasn't going to make it, but he did! Although he had to go so bad that he was pulling his pants down as he's walking into the stall. I think he mooned a lady!

Today has been spent unpacking, getting settled and doing homework. Elijah has been playing outside and watching "Hoodwinked" and playing with his toys.

Have a great week!

I almost forgot . . . if I told you we would send you a postcard, don't look for it! I never got around to sending them! Sorry!

No comments: