Thursday, May 04, 2006

Elijah & the Yeti

Tuesday we went to Disney's Animal Kingdom. We saw "Festival of the Lion King" and went on the Kilimanjaro Safari. Elijah really wanted to go on Expedition Everest, the new "roller coaster" at the park. I was a little concerned -- more that he would not be tall enough to ride. We go there and he just made it. He was so excited. They stamped his hand "Yeti" so no one else would question his height.

The entire time we are in line I kept telling him to have fun and it's okay to be scared, but just remember the ride is meant to be fun. We get on the ride and he asks me to hold him, so I put my arm around him. Since you only see a small part of the ride from the outside, I had no idea what to expect. We take off and proceed around a bend and it looks like we are going uphill, but then the track is broke! What do you do? We start the ride backwards! Then we are in total darkness going around turns. All of a sudden we are moving forward and you see a shadow of the Yeti tearing up the track. We go through more twists and turns, along with some hills. Near the end, we go around a turn and see the giant Yeti swatting at us. The end. Elijah said he liked it except for the part when we were going backwards. The boy rode is first grown up rollercoaster!

No comments: