Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

As I am writing this, I can hear fireworks outside. It's a party around here! I don't think many on vacation need an excuse to have a celebration, but Cinco de Mayo helps! Disney even went out and took the traditional mouse hat (with the ears) and threw a sombrero on it!

Today we went to Magic Kingdom. Elijah has a routine down at this place (making me realize he has been here a lot for his age). We start in Tomorrowland by assisting Buzz Lightyear in defeating the Evil Emperor Zurg. After that we have to venture on the Tomorrowland Transit for a stroll around the area. Our new routine for Tomorrowland ends with a race on the Indy Speedway. Elijah is too short to reach the petals, but he does pretty well behind the wheel!

He went on the Mad Hatter Tea Party for the first time. I sent Grandpa on with him because I didn't want to risk spinning too much! Another first was the Haunted Mansion. Elijah kept asking why the ghost was in the car with us and is he going to really follow us home. Other rides we did included Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Snow White, and It's a Small World. We didn't go to Frontierland this year -- it was getting really hot and the boy needed a nap! After a short nap, we shopped in Downtown Disney. Elijah got his face painted to look like a superhero. At first he asked me to call him Elijah, Galaxy Defender, but then he changed his mind. He is now Superhero Elijah. He wouldn't wash it off, so I am anxious to see what he looks like tomorrow! I have a feeling we will be going back for another painting before we go. (he really wants Grandma & Grandpa H to see him)! We also did the outlet shopping and I made my annual trip to the Coach Outlet - Yippee! I made some stellar purchases! Elijah also made out with some stuff from Tommy Kids and the Stride Rite Outlet.

What a day!

No comments: