Monday, April 28, 2008

Frustration, Part 2

Monday morning rolls around and fortunately the car did start. Although it was still rebooting. Annoying, but not nearly as nerve racking as the radio incident on Friday. I headed to the dealership after dropping off the little man at school. I have you know that they almost didn't believe what I was telling them. I invited to look into the car and see for themselves. Wow, amazing! Of course because I didn't have an appointment they didn't have a loaner for me. So, I got a ride home. Fortunately I had a laptop from work. They gave me the impression that they would look at it right away (don't want to wear out the battery after all). So, I waited until 11 a.m. to call. Guess what, they just started looking at it (wow, so much for looking at it when you pulled the car away at 8:20 a.m.). He tells me he should have an update for me in a couple of hours. I call work to let them know that I'll continue working from home. Thank goodness I have that flexibility right now. Time goes by and it gets to be 3 p.m. and I figure -- surely they know something by now. I call and I'm told that the tech just took it on a test drive. My service rep tells me he will call me back in 10 minutes. 12 minutes goes by and he calls me to tell me the service guy isn't back yet. WTF, did he go shopping? At about 3:50 p.m. my service rep calls me to tell me the car is ready. What happened? Well, evidently it was in demo mode (not buying it), and when they hooked it up for diagostic, it came up that it needed a restart or something. He went on a test drive to see if it would act up again and didn't. However, if the problem happens again, I get a new radio. Yippee.

So, a day was pretty much wasted to find out that they probably could have fixed it in a hour. I'm a happy camper, not. As I'm leaving, they tell me that I'll be getting a survey from Ford and they hope they met all my needs. I can't wait to get that survey.

No comments: