Saturday, February 10, 2007

One year later

It was a year ago that my sister-in-law lost her battle with breast cancer. Although we were not close when she passed, we have a long history together that dates back to junior high school (most now call it middle school). I wish we could have had that last conversation, but I will always remember what a great time we had at a fellow classmate's wedding reception. I found this poem on the Internet. The home page indicates: "There are over 1500 poems here, many written for special occasions, which you are free to use for any personal or non-commercial purpose."

One Year Ago You Died, and Still We Mourn by Ludwig Senfl
One year ago you died, and still we mourn,
Nor will our mourning end till it be night,
Even as time turns our tears to light
Years hence, when this may be more easily borne.
Each moment of your passion and delight,
As clear as sunshine, bountiful and bright,
Remains our fortune now that you are gone.

No comments: