Well, I had my surgery yesterday. Apparently I didn't have gallstones, but gallrocks! They said when I do my follow up, they should have the size of these "bad boys", but on the camera, they looked pretty big. Here's the recap:
Wednesday evening I started getting a sore throat. Needless to say I was in a panic because I didn't want to have the surgery postponed. I started loading up on vitamin C and tea. Thursday I called my doctor and indicated I needed to see him right away. He listened to my lungs and said they were clear. As a precaution, he gave me an antibiotic shot (been a long time since I've had a drop my drawers for a shot at the doctor's office). I went back to work and continued my vitamin C, decaf green tea regimen. About 4 p.m. I got a call from the hospital that my surgery had been moved up. Be there at 7 a.m. for 9 a.m. surgery.
Friday morning I woke up to nasal drainage. My mom was convinced that we would get there and they would postpone. We get there about 6:50 a.m. About 7:15 a.m. they took me back to get prepped. I mentioned my nasal issue and they told me to talk to the anesthesiologist. At about 8 a.m., they let my mom and dad back to see me. About 45 minutes later, the doctor comes in to tell us that there was a error made in the OR schedule and they accidentally canceled a surgery and did not notify the patient. That meant that my surgery would be delayed. Needless to say, they did not take me to surgery until 12:30 p.m.! I was out before they even got me in the OR thanks to a "relaxer" they gave me on the way.
Evidently they made me sit in recovery for two hours -- time didn't mean much to me, but that is what my mom said. They would not let her or my dad see me until they took me to my room. The procedure was supposed to be outpatient, but since I was still coming out of the anesthesia at 6 p.m., they decided to keep me overnight. I didn't sleep so well - between not being able to get comfortable, waking up to coughing (which really hurts), and waking up to being parched, it wasn't a good night. I also had a slight fever before bed.
This morning I was visited by three different surgical residents (all at different times). Fever did not come back, so they released me. I'm sitting in a chair that slightly reclines. I took a little nap. Getting up and down is anything but fun, but I'm moving around okay. I'm trying to muster up the energy to do homework. Class is almost over!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment