Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Is Superior Service Gone?

I'm irritated and thought I would vent. On Saturday, I took Elijah to the shoe store to get his "Spring/Summer" shoes as well as some sandals for our trip to Florida. We always to go this shoe store in Garden City because they have Stride-Rite shoes and "the boy" always needs a wide shoe. So, I've been going to this place since 2003 and we get shoes 3-4 times a year when you count the Winter boots, sandals, etc.

So Saturday we go and a man helps us. He measure Elijah's foot and adjusts the side part (indicating wide), and proceeds to go get the shoes Elijah picked out. He tries them on and I ask the man what size they are: 13! I mention the wide foot and he agrees. Needless to say we buy two pairs and leave. I get home and happen to be looking at the box and notice it says 13M, not 13W. So I grab the other box . . . same thing! At this point I'm ticked because they are closed and are not open Sunday.

Yesterday, I call the store and another man says to bring Elijah and the shoes in and he will check them. I rush home from work, get Elijah and the shoes. When we get there, the man that helped us Saturday is there along with the other man I spoke to on the phone. The one that sold us the shoes seems to have an attitude and comments that the shoes are velcro. The other one proceeds to measure Elijah's feet and points out to the other guy that his foot is clearly wide. In the meantime, another customer walks in, so the one that sold us the shoes is busy with them. The other guy says that the shoes will work for him because he has plenty of room. I indicate that considering he has had wide shoes for the last three years, that had the other guy had a conversation with me that the medium would work, we wouldn't be here today. He agrees, but no apology, no nothing! Now I wasn't expecting something free, but an apology would have been nice.

If anyone knows of a kids shoe store that sells Stride-Rite in the Canton area, let me know! I'm looking for a new shoe store!

2 comments:

Tawny D said...

GROWING SOLES CHILDRENS SHOES
44427-A WEST ANN ARBOR ROAD
PLYMOUTH, MI 48170
Phone: 734-459-1070
Maps: Google / Expedia / Mapquest

I found this place online . . . has anyone been there?

Ray Bilyk said...

What a pain! We had a similar situation... I had to blog about it, of course. Check out:
http://bilykspride.servehttp.com/domblog.nsf/d6plinks/RAFI-6P8H2D