Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Ugh!

I know I mentioned before that it has been pretty busy at work. Well yesterday and today have set a record. I've really taken more calls in the past than I did yesterday, but it didn't feel like it. Basically we are short three people on our team right now. On top of that, another member of the team just went on maternity leave, and another team member is going on vacation for three weeks. So technically we will be short five people. Add some random time off a few illnesses and basically we are in the weeds. So, my team of six is down to three, in addition to other teams being short a few members. Yesterday we had four people taking calls that normally a team of ten to twelve would do. Then today I lost my network and my local support is at a meeting in D.C. Needless to say I spent an hour on the phone with support who wasn't able to do anything except tell me it should be fixed tomorrow. So, tomorrow I will be going in to do work that I haven't been able to do for the last two days, in addition to adding more to my workload as I speak with more customers and confirm more events. I am ready to scream!

Oh, did I also mention that this accounting class about auditing is driving me crazy. The material is going over my head and the instructor (I say that because he apparently doesn't have his PhD yet), is anything but helpful. Thanks!

If you pray, please say one for me. I need it!

No comments: