Monday, June 09, 2008

Conflicted

So I found out today that Father Jack is being moved to another parish. Mind you I haven't been to St Mary's in quite awhile (we changed parishes because of Elijah's school). I guess it is bothering more than I thought it would. I have always adored him and how he puts things in perspective. I think of all those appointments with him while Gary and I were doing our marriage preparation. He and Gary clicked and anyone that knows Gary, knows that he was not exactly on the pro-catholic circuit. After we were married, it was Gary that was asking if we were going to church. It was Father Jack that turned Gary around. This man was the officiant at one of the happiest days of my life and the saddest. He baptized my son. Now he's going to another parish, where I don't think I will see him again. I pray that our paths will cross again.

No comments: