So sometime last week my left turn signal started acting up. When I say acting up, I mean it looked like it was hyperventalating when I would use it. I knew it must mean that something wasn't working on the driver side since my right turn blinker was normal. Sure enough, I checked and the rear blinker was not working, but the front was. I head off to the auto parts store to get a new bulb. Easy fix . . . right? WRONG!
Before I could get to changing it, both my blinkers stop working. Yes, stop working! Now solid light, not rapid blinking, nothing! So, I spent the weekend with my arm out the window letting people know when I was turning. I think people forgot what they mean because I got some funny looks.
So this morning I head off to the dealership to have them take a look. I was not interested in commuting in rush hour on the freeway without any turn signals. Some people drive crazy enough. When I get there, they tell me they are pretty backed up and I may need to leave it overnight (for blinkers!). I ask them if they could at least diagnose the problem and go from there. Sure! Mind you this was before 8 a.m.
Fortunately in one regard, it was slow at work, so it wasn't a big deal I wasn't there. Elijah and I hung out at home. At 4 p.m. I call to check on the car and I'm told that my car is next. At 7 p.m. I call and they tell me they are just pulling it in . . . WHAT! I was so mad. I get the manager on the phone who gives me a song and dance. I tell them I'm coming to get the car, but then do I play roulette on the freeway in the morning? I really don't want to. Fortunately for me I have a friend I work with that doesn't live too far from me. I've given her a ride to work on a few occasions, so I call her up. No Problem.
So, we shall see what they find out tomorrow. I'm not happy with Fox Hills Chrysler Jeep, but maybe they can redeem themselves on Tuesday. Cross your fingers.
Monday, July 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment