Friday, March 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Leslie and Andrew!

Happy Birthday to my sister in law, Leslie (yesterday was her birthday), and my nephew, Andrew! I hope you both had great days!

My day didn't start out so great . . . I had a blow out on the freeway! Amazingly, I did not realize what happened right away. I thought something hit my car. I did not start to hear the "wobble" until a 1/4 mile later! I ended up sitting on the side of the freeway for 45 minutes before help arrived. Those MDOT courtesy vehicles are the best! If it weren't for that nice man, I would have been waiting another 45 minutes before AAA got there! He wouldn't take any cash, so I gave him a Starbucks gift card to get a cup of coffee. I happened to have it from my work holiday gift. He seemed really thankful for it and wished me a blessed day. I really did feel blessed that: 1- I didn't get hurt and I didn't hurt anyone else, and 2- that I put a smile on someone's face. Priceless!

I'm taking Elijah to see Disney on Ice: The Incredibles tomorrow. It should be fun. Other than that, there isn't much going on other than the usual-- homework!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Ray Bilyk said...

We're just glad that you're safe! Hope that Elijah enjoyed Disney on Ice. Someone that lived with Jennifer and I works for 'DoI' (stage manager and sound guy).