Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The First Day

Well, the first day of school has come and gone. That was fast! Elijah woke up this morning excited, but a little nervous. He kept expressing concern about the "late bell" and wanted to make sure he was in class by that time. We got to school and lined up outside. He was doing pretty good until he realized I could not walk him inside, fortunately we had a few minutes, so he was able to relax about it.

I took the day off so I could pick him up. I got a little nervous because I saw kids coming out and I was thinking he would panic if he didn't see me, but I found him. He said it was good, but of course he couldn't remember anything they did. (he seems to have selective memory when it comes to 'what did you do at school today').

Tomorrow is a full day. We'll see how that goes!

No comments: